When it comes to selecting new paint for your home’s interior, you have thousands of options available to you. Not only can you choose from a wide selection of color and shade variations, but you can also get a different result based on the specific paint brand you choose, how you apply the paint and which company you hire for interior painting service in Tyler, TX. It’s not uncommon for people to become overwhelmed by all of the options available to them—who knew that there were so many different shades of white?
Thankfully, you don’t have to allow yourself to be stuck in a rut. Instead, narrow down your options and make a fantastic paint selection by factoring in several helpful considerations:
- Lighting: The sources of light in a room can play a significant role in the way a certain color looks in your space. Colors that you love at the store might look awful in a different kind of lighting. To overcome this, it’s a good idea to try a few test swatches in the room you want to paint. Once it dries, observe the color during different times of the day as the lighting shifts.
- Room features and furniture: Your room likely has more than just four walls. You should take into consideration all of the features and furniture in your room and how your chosen paint color will interact with these things.
- Color preferences: Your personal preferences should inform your decision about which color you paint your room. Even if a color technically plays well in a room, it won’t work in your home unless it’s a color that you actually like.
- Desired mood: The mood that you want a room to convey is an important factor when it comes to selecting your paint. If you want your space to feel cozy and inviting, try a color with warmer undertones. If you want to make a bold statement and achieve a modern aesthetic, play with bold colors that really stand out and offer contrast.
- Texture: Rougher walls tend to make paint colors appear darker, while smooth walls tend to make paint appear lighter. Make sure you take the texture of your walls into account and test out swatches before making your final decision.
- Undertones: Paint is more than just a single color. Most interior paints are incredibly nuanced, and all of the undertones of the paint will influence the way it looks in your space.
If you’re still having a hard time selecting the right paint color for your home, let the team at Salgado Painting help you out. Since 1998, our locally owned and operated company has delivered premier interior painting service in Tyler, TX to residential and commercial clients alike. We offer both interior and exterior painting services, and we can help you select the perfect paint options for your specific space. We are dedicated to quality and transparency, which is why we would be happy to provide you with a free service. To find out more, just give us a call today!