So, you want to paint the inside of your house, but you cringe at the thought of tackling the task on your own. Fortunately, you can always hire professional house painters instead!
Keep in mind that unless your painting company has made it clear they will prep the work area, it’s your responsibility to prepare your home for the paint job prior to their arrival. Here are some tips for preparing your home for interior painters in Tyler, TX:
- Clear wall hangings: Most residential walls are decorated with things like framed photographs, mirrors and other items. Obviously, if you’ve scheduled professional house painters for a job, you will have to take down anything hanging on the walls to be painted. Carefully remove wall hangings and put them in a safe place until the new paint has been applied and had time to dry. Do this before the painters arrive so you’re not rushing or getting in their way.
- Remove rugs, curtains and furnishings: In addition to wall hangings, you should also remove other items—particularly large pieces and items of value—from the area to be painted. This includes furniture, rugs, curtains and other furnishings that are within range of damaging or destructive paint splashes. If you can’t move something for whatever reason, lay a protective cover over it. Of course professional painters can get the job done with minimal mess, but it’s a good idea to take preventative measures anyway.
- Move obstructions and provide access: The easier it is for the painting team to do its job, the quicker and more efficiently things will go. For this reason, consider access to areas to be painted and obstructions that could block the painters’ path. Map out where they will need to walk and work, checking that there’s room for equipment to get through. Move furniture and bulky items out of the way to make the area free of obstructions.
- Clean the room: A great tip to seriously consider is to deep clean the entire room before the new paint is applied. After moving wall hangings, furnishings and anything else, dust and vacuum the space from top to bottom. If you decide not to clean, you run the risk of dust and dirt getting kicked up and settling on your still wet, freshly painted walls.
- Stay out of the area: The painting team you have hired will need space to work, as well as no distractions. Because they need to concentrate to avoid accidents—and to get the job done fast—make sure that your children, pets and others living in your home stay away from the rooms the painters plan to be working in. Consider sending kids and pets to a friend’s house for the day, or try arranging for the paint job to be done at a time when nobody will be home.
If you want to add a fresh coat of paint to your walls soon, don’t wait another minute to call Salgado Painting. Contact us today to work with the best interior painters in Tyler, TX!